Funding – Ownership Model
- The housing units will be purchased by individuals’ families.
- Under state or federal regulations 70% of the individual’s SSI or Social Security benefits are required to go to housing costs.
- Certain ongoing expenses, such as the resident director will be funded by special needs trusts for each of the individuals
- The state social services “Waiver” program will cover the cost of aides, support services and vocational or adult day programs for the residents.
- A complete economic model has been developed, based upon the actual costs and experiences of similar programs.