Benefits to the Community
- New Avenue will strengthen the community by stimulating greater community involvement among the residents and civic organizations, i.e. Rotary, Scouts, Churches
- The social enterprise will strengthen the community either as a business or as an additional civic program.
- Parent-led programs provide higher quality housing services and have been more successful in promoting community integration than agency run programs because parents are more committed to success.
- New Avenue will contribute to a community’s economy by employing aides for the residents and by purchasing goods and services in the community
- New Avenue will enhance a community’s values.
- Similar to what has happened with 12 communities in New Jersey that have committed to similar programs, the community will enhance is reputation as a civic leader and attractive place to live and work.