We are helping people with disabilities have more meaningful lives.
We are an organization founded by Fathers who are taking active roles in our childs’ lives. Join us!
Our new venture to give back to the music community who has supported Our Community Cup Coffeehouse this past year is called TLC Open Mic. We have partnered with Temple Lutheran Church in Havertown to hold this every Monday night. It is located at the 501 Brookline Blvd, Havertown, PA and is open from 7:30 to 9:30 pm. Check out our Facebook page for more information.
Our project Our Community Cup Coffeehouse received a follow-on grant from The Presbytery of Philadelphia. They made a video of their grantees. We are continuing our social experiment in community building. Join us!
Our Share the Love Fest 2016 was a huge success. We had over 100 people attend and raised about $1,000. We have some great sponsors (The Rotary Club of Central Delaware County and California Pizza Kitchen). We are now planning our 2017 festival. Please join us in our celebration!
- We will be at the Autism Awareness event on Sunday September 25th from 10 until 2 at the Elmwood Park Zoo.
- We are in our 5th year at the Media Farmer’s Market. The market will end on November 17th. We provide opportunities for young and old adults with disabilities to showcase and sell their crafts. Ellie is with us again to sell her jewelry. Margot is with us from Busy Hands. Gloria may be with us from Peaceful Path. We are looking for others who would like to sell their crafts with us. This helps us develop important ties to community residents and civic leaders. Please contact us if you are interested. The people who we hope will be with us this year include:
- Our bakery booth called Our Bakers is at the Media Farmer’s Market. We have a new partner for the remainder of the season. Baked goods will be provided by the artisan bakers at Market St. Bread and Bagel in Wilmington DE.
- Our hiking program at Scott Arboretum has ended for now. It is called Wellness Walks. We hope to schedule this again for the fall. Click here for more information.
- Our Community Cup, a “pay what you can” coffeehouse, has been open now 1 and a half years. We have been averaging 20-30 every Friday. We are very pleased and happy that we can provide something that you like. It has been a rewarding experience and we are learning a lot. It is located in Chambers Memorial Presbyterian Church basement, Rutledge PA, where everyone – families, young and old – especially those with disabilities, autism, Asperger’s, etc., can come to chill, socialize and participate in activities, eat and listen to live music. For more info please go to http://ourcommunitycup.com
- We hope to be starting a cafe/bakery business in Delaware County PA. We are negotiating on a place in Media-Springfield PA.
- We are working with other organizations concerning housing projects/ideas. A coalition will be set up to work on this.
- We are looking to start other projects that help the community like our successful Indiegogo campaign to make backpacks for the homeless in Chester PA. Please contact us with your project ideas.
The Office of Intellectual Disabilities in Delaware County has been working on additional trainings focused on the impact of Competitive Employment on benefits for people with disabilities. The next one will be in 2016.
The mission of New Avenue Foundation is to create meaningful lives for people with disabilities – all disabilities – through advocacy and innovative services.